I had at an honour of being a guest at the news channel, eNCA this morning to talk about the impact of COVID-19 on our mental health and some coping strategies. One of the points I made was that now, more than ever before, being part of a community of like-minded people is critical. By immersing yourself particularly in a community of people who do what you do, you can share your fears and anxieties freely without the fear of being judged because those people are going through the same thing. You can also talk freely without having to minimize your pain because ‘other people are going through worse than what you are going through’. I’m so grateful that I’m part of a great community myself. I hope you have your tribe.
- New Book by Siphiwe Moyo: Your Next Move: Career Strategies to Survive and Thrive During Covid-19 and Beyond
- Mental health and COVID-19
- The impact of community in surviving the crisis
- Fading into obscurity: avoiding the pitfalls that can move you from ‘promising young talent’ to the wilderness
- An open letter to young talent by professional speaker, Siphiwe Moyo